According to Gary Null, International Expert in Nutrition & Health Science, I am overweight. With a BMI smack dab in the middle of normal, I was taken aback. Null says ideal weight for women is 100 lbs. for the first 5 feet and 5 pounds for each additional inch. For men, he says ideal weight is 106 lbs. for the first 5 feet and 6 pounds for each additional inch. At 5'2" I should weigh 110 pounds, my high school graduation weight decades ago.
- animal protein 1 time per week
- cold water fish 5 times per week
- additional protein from whole grains, legumes, seeds and protein powder
- 45 grams of fiber per day
- at least 1, preferably 3, servings of cruciferous per day — brussel sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli
- 2-4 green drinks per day with one inch of ginger or aloe concentrate
- half gallon water or juice per day
- minimum caffeine, white sugar, soda, white flour products
- olive oil for cooking
- supplements divided into doses at meals
What do you think? Healthy or totally unrealistic? Before delcaring his standards null and void, take a hard look in the mirror and at your medical numbers — weight, blood pressure, cholesterol/LDL/HDL and glucose levels.
As for me, I have to admit that I could drop a few pounds. To make it possible, I'm going to pull out one of my all-time favorite programs, Walk the Talk Today, to kickstart a healthier body and life, and I'm going to follow it for 90 days. Want to join me? In addition to a kick-butt structure and motivation, we'll meet monthly on a telephone conference call plus private Facebook page to ensure accountability and results. Click here to join me now. Your health (mind, body and spirit) deserve the $1 per day investment, and a fresh start on these long winter days will be welcome.
Will you join me to transform your body, your health, your life? I truly hope so!
Leslie Hamp, Creative Catalyst
PS - Want inspiration toward your health, fitness and lifestyle goals plus the opportunity to ask me questions? Simply click here and LIKE my page.