While this study took place over an eight-year period on college campuses across the United Kingdom, I worry that the results would be the same in the United States. According to a survey by the Succeed Foundation, in partnership with the University of West of England:
- 30% of women said they would trade at least one year of their life in order to achieve their ideal body weight and shape;
- 16% would trade one year;
- 10% would trade two to five years;
- 2% would trade six to 10 years;
- 1% would trade 21 years or more of their life.
- In addition, many women surveyed also said they would forfeit a promotion at work, part of their salary, time with loved ones and even their health.
HELLO, ladies!? Those are crazy statistics for the price of beauty, especially when ANYONE can achieve good health, fitness and a normal body weight by embracing lifestyle changes. If you're among those wanting to shake things up and finally gain momentum toward your health and lifestyle goals, find a coach and/or lifestyle program that works for you. I offer two that have resulted in amazing transformations for literally hundreds of women and men. Find out more:
Follow one of these 90-day programs, and I GUARANTEE you will transform your thinking and your life. Here's to your health and vitality and working together to make this your best year yet!
Leslie Hamp, Creative Catalyst